Many relationship missteps men make have to do with not knowing when to take a statement or question from their significant others at face value, and when to dig around for a deeper meaning. Often, we’ll just go by the words themselves, because it usually seems easier. However, this can have disastrous long-term consequences. We’re expected to read between the lines.
1. FINE: Be very wary of this word especially during an argument. Translation: The opposite of fine. This just means that the discussion is over.
2. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT: Another dangerous statement. Translation: This is a test of your judgment. I’m not going to tell you if I think it’s okay or not to do this thing. You should know enough about me by now to know if I’m okay with it. Which I’m not, by the way. If you do this, we are through.
3. I NEED SPACE: Be very scared of this sentence. Translation: Get the hell away from me. We’re probably about to break up.
4. IAM ALMOST READY: Translation: I’ll be ready when I’m ready. Could be 10 minutes, could be an hour. Find something else to do.
5. WE NEED TO TALK: These is a very dangerous statement: Translation: I need to talk. You need to listen. And chances are you have messed up big time.
6. WE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS LATER: You better start thinking of a good present to offer your lady. Translation: I’m so furious with you that I can’t think straight. I need more time to gather ammunition and/or think about what the hell I’m still doing with you.
7. NOTHING: Translation: Did you seriously ask me, “What’s wrong?” As if you don’t know. Everything is wrong. Everything. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
8. WHATEVER: Translation: You have won this round, but I refuse to concede, so I’m dismissing that last point you made, and we shall never speak of this again. Guys, word of advice, Please don’t push this argument on.
9. I FORGIVE YOU: Translation: I’ve decided I can live with what you’ve done. But you should know that I’m going to use it against you for the rest of your life.
10. DO I LOOK FAT?: Guys guys, be very alert about this question. Translation: If you answer “Yes,” you’re a stupid idiot. Just tell me I look great.
11. THAT GUY LOOKS HOT: You need to start looking at yourself in the mirror and pull up your socks. Translation: I think you’re taking me for granted and/or you’re starting to let yourself go a little, so I’m lighting a little fire under your ass.
12. IAM TIRED: When said in the evening, you better get the remote and look at what is interesting on TV. Translation: I don’t want your Victor anywhere near me tonight. I’ll be going to bed soon. After that, feel free to watch tv or have a drink. Just leave me out of it.
NOW YOU KNOW. MWAAAAAA